The Beth Jehudah community is very blessed to have numerous learning opportunities available and offered weekly by the Shul Rabbonim, individuals in the community, and of course the Milwaukee Kollel has an entire slate of learning opportunities including a daily Daf Yomi shuir.
Note: For the current Milwaukee Kollel schedule please see the Community Calendar page at the Jewish In Milwaukee website. You can also e-mail the Kollel Administrator at: email@example.com.
- Rabbi Benzion Twerski offers a Chumash with Rashi class for men M-F at 6am and at 7:15am on Sundays.
- Weekly Father & Son Learning, please see the weekly e-nouncement e-mailings for times and location.
- Rabbi Yosef Perlman teaches his Hilchos (Likras) Shabbos Shiur for boys grades 4-8 30 minutes before Mincha on Eruv Shabbos@CBJ.
- On Shabbos morning at 7:30am Rabbi Benzion Twerski gives a shiur from a varying classic Chassidic text.
- During the school year every Shabbos afternoon there is a B’NOS program for elementary school aged girls. Girls must be preregistered to attend.
On most Sundays Rabbi Benzion Twerski presents a shiur for women at 10am @ CBJ. This class is video recorded and posted on TorahAnytime.com.
Women’s Monday night Tehillim gathering:
Please join us in person at 9pm at the home of Mrs. Chedva Starr, 3381 N. 49th Street or Call: (712) 432-1212 and then access code: 881651979. Please join us…
This program is encouraged by Rabbi Benzion Twerski. May our tefillos be a zechus for our kehillah.
Join Rabbi Benzion Twerski in a weekly class on the classic Chassidic text, Sefer Hatanya Authored by Rebbe Shnuer Zalman of Lyadi. Each Wednesday night from 8:00 to 8:40 PM. Please note that Rabbi Benzion’s Tanya shiur takes place at his home for men only and via phone for men and women. Dial-in Number: (605) 475-6333 (Midwest) Participant Access Code: 684963. This class is recorded and posted on TorahAnytime.com.
Throughout the Year
A Yarchei Kallah Learning Program for men is offered most every national secular holiday.
Some of the recent topics have been:
- What do a fire engine, telegraph & water mill have in common?
- The Chodosh Yoshon controversy as it applies in our times
- Hiddur Mitzvah, beautifying a mitzvah
- Chanukah Controversies
- Using a Mikveh on Shabbos
- The International Dateline Controversy …and all of its halachic ramifications
- Mayim Acharonim – Washing one’s hands before bentching
- City Eruvin: What is a Reshus Harabim (public domain)?
- Does Attempted Murder Need Forgiveness?
There are special women’s programs offered throughout the year.
On Tisha B’Av the shul presents The Chofetz Chaim Heritage Foundation videos for men and women.
And many other learning opportunities for men and women and children. Please see the various e-nouncement E-Mailings for more details for these special events.