The Beth Jehudah community is very blessed to have numerous learning opportunities available and offered weekly by the Shul Rabbonim, individuals in the community, and of course the Milwaukee Kollel has an entire slate of learning opportunities including a daily Daf Yomi Shiur.
- There is always daily learning going on before Shacharis whether it’s one on one chavrusa learning or group learning.
- Rabbi Michel Twerski usually gives a shiur on various topics each weekday after Shacharis at CBJ.
- Rabbi Yosef Perlman teaches a Hilchos (Likras) Shabbos Shiur for boys grades 4-8 30 minutes before Mincha on Erev Shabbos at CBJ.
- On Shabbos morning at 7:30am Rabbi Benzion Twerski gives a shiur on varying classic Chassidic texts at CBJ.
- During the school year, every Shabbos afternoon there is a B’NOS program at CBJ for elementary school aged girls. Girls must be preregistered to attend.
- During the summer months, one of the rabbis gives a shiur for men and women on Shabbos afternoons after the first Mincha at CBJ.
- Dor L’Dor Learning (formerly Father & Son Learning) takes place on Shabbos afternoons during the spring/summer months and on Motzoei Shabbos during the fall/winter months. Please see the weekly e-nouncement email for time and location.
- On most Sundays Rabbi Benzion Twerski presents a shiur for women at 10am AT CBJ. This class is video recorded and posted on TorahAnytime.com.
- Rebbetzin Chanie Twerski gives a weekly class on Chovos Halevavos for women at 8:15pm at her home, 3349 N. 51st Blvd. You may sign up for reminders by texting @chovos to 81010. Dial-in Number: (515) 604-9338 (Midwest) Participant Access Code: 649039.
Rabbi Benzion Twerski gives a weekly class on the classic Chassidic text Sefer Divrei Chayim, authored by Rabbi Chaim Halberstam, known as the Sanzer Ruv for men each Monday night from 7:45 to 8:30 PM. Shiurim take place at Rabbi Benzion’s home, 3349 N. 51st Blvd. Participation is also available via phone, dial-in number: (515) 604-9338 (Midwest) participant access code: 649039. The class is recorded and posted on TorahAnytime.com.
Rabbi Benzion Twerski gives a weekly class on the classic Chassidic text Sefer Pri HaAretz, authored by Rabbi Menachem Mendel of Vitebsk for men each Wednesday night from 8:00 to 8:40 PM. The shiur takes place at his home, 3349 N. 51st Blvd. and is also available via phone. Dial-in number: (515) 604-9338 (Midwest) participant access code: 649039. The class is recorded and posted on TorahAnytime.com.
Rabbi Benzion Twerski gives a shiur for men every Thursday evening on “Controversies in Practical Halacha: Follow the unfolding of Halacha from the pesukim and gemara to contemporary halacha disputes.” The shiur takes place at the Milwaukee Kollel from 9-10 pm, and topics vary from week to week. Please see the weekly e-nouncement e-mail for the weekly topic.
Throughout the Year
A Yarchei Kallah Learning Program for men is offered on almost every national secular holiday.
Some of the recent topics have been:
- What do a fire engine, telegraph & water mill have in common?
- The Chodosh Yoshon controversy as it applies in our times
- Hiddur Mitzvah, beautifying a mitzvah
- Chanukah Controversies
- Using a Mikveh on Shabbos
- The International Dateline Controversy …and all of its halachic ramifications
- Mayim Acharonim – Washing one’s hands before bentching
- City Eruvin: What is a Reshus Harabim (public domain)?
- Does Attempted Murder Need Forgiveness?
There are special women’s programs throughout the year, including a monthly Rosh Chodesh shiur based on the Book of Our Heritage.
On Tisha B’Av the shul presents The Chofetz Chaim Heritage Foundation videos for men and women.
There are also many other learning opportunities for men, women, and children. Please see the various e-nouncement E-Mailings for more details of these special events.